TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Branden's Build Thread
People Seeking Info

Subject Branden's Build Thread

Posted by esimplx on December 01, 2012 at 2:17 PM
  This message has been viewed 1097 times.

Message I bought my car ('90 Pearl White TT with MT) in August 2010 with two spun rod bearings, and three main bearings, and two shot turbos. Paid $500 for her. So began the addiction/ endless project.
Here she is shortly after I got her. Dirty, and look at that godspeed front mount! I have a lot of work to do haha:

PARTS LIST SO FAR. Not all this has been done at once, but this is what I have either on the car or ordered.

As for turbos I did a lot of searching and decided to go with something a little different (I have seen one other build using them). Precision Turbo 4828's.
They are equivalent in size to Garrett gt2860rs turbos, however they utilize a billet aluminium compressor wheel. Modification to the actuator brackets and compressor inlet V-Band are being done by AshSpec.

***ENGINE***
*Full rebuild and machine work
*ARP Main Studs, Head Studs, and Rod Bolts
*ACL Bearings
*Eagle H-Beam Rods
*Wiseco Pistons (.02 Over)
*NA Oil Squirters
*MLS Head Gasket
*5 Angle Valve Job, Stock Valves, Springs ect.
*Rebuild/Cleaned all the lifters
*Stock Cams
*Kevlar Timing Belt
*Casting flash removed, ect.
*Port Matched Plenum
*BDE Low Profile Motor Mounts
*New OEM Timing Belt Tensioner, Water Pump, Oil Pump, and Heavy Duty Idler Studs.

***Fuel Delivery***
*BDE Top Feed Rails with 1000cc ID Injectors
*Dual TT Fuel Pumps

***Electronics***
*New OEM EFI Harness
*New OEM Alternator-Trans Harness
*New OEM Knock Sensor and Harness
*AEM Wideband
*AEM Boost Gauge
*AEM Fuel Pressure Gauge
*5 Bar MAP Sensor
*AIT Sensor
*AEM EMS Standalone ECU with Speed Density Tune

***Intake/Intercoolers/Exhaust***
*Dual pop intake, no MAFs. Currently stock inlet piping.
*Still undecided on intercoolers. Considering Ash massives with 2.5" piping, budget allowing. Z1 TB would be a future upgrade.
*Again undecided on MS Manis, but leaning toward getting a pair and skipping the massives for now.
*2.5" Split Downpipes and testpipes
*HKS HiPower Catback (came with the car, looking to change to SZ 2.5")

The Road So Far

To start I removed everything. Pulled the engine, pulled the interior, and preped the car for paint. I have done all the painting myself, starting with the engine bay:

The body has also been painted, complete color change to TH1, oem midnight blue. More pics to come.

Meanwhile the engine was machined and returned to me. I assembled her, painting/powdercoating along the way. Her are some pics of the (almost) finished product. Again I need to take more pictures now that the timing belt and plenum are installed.

Getting tired of typing, but more to come! Let me know what you think, suggestions are more than welcome!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.